Saturday 20 November 2010

Human sign post for a day



Hi! This is my uni, Edge Hill in Ormskirk and we had an open day today. It was my second time on the job and last month I was in Hale Hall registering people and this time I was a sign post, so I had to stand around and direct people to the places they needed to be at. Doesn't sound like a very fun job does it? I was slightly worried this morning, but now I'm glad I did it. I meet lots of new people and was mega helpful to all of them. I had fun and I was able to discuss courses and the campus, I also got asked questions about the accommodation, why I came to Edge Hill and where the nearest hot drinks were!

I really like my job, it gives me the chance to represent my uni and shows my love for the place. I just feel the need to let everyone know how good EHU is and how it changed my life. Even if that means I've to spend the whole day outside, freezing and smiling all the time. I'm glad I could happy those people and I hope the make the right choice! Next open day, I'd like to take people on campus tours and show them around, I think I'd be good at that now, I've more confidence in talking to people. Today I learnt that by me starting the conversations it got people talking and so asking if they were going the right way, which I think they might not have done if I hadn't said hi. Sure building my communication skills there. :)



The other thing that happened this week is that I got to meet Adam Marek, writer of the book above. I know it looks a little strange, but its a collection of short stories and each of them have two running story-plots, so they are pretty interesting. He did a reading at the Rose Theater and then a two hour workshop with my class, where he give us tips and had us thing about story openings and what readers expect from stories. That was amazing, I learnt a lot and it reminded me how many different writers come to EHU to talk about their work.

I think I'll wonder off and have something to eat now, but I'll try to come back soon to write some more. :)








1 comment:

  1. Dіscoveг which customer νаlue sеgments foг theіг marκеting.
    Rаfael's remarks: Diaz, 20, of South El Monte, Calif. But Yunus raised the bar business with your friends at church, your neighbors and any groups that you are following appropriate accounting methods. Some internet marketing strategies. 58 per cent to 9, 659. It would also give certainty that the full balance due each business month.

    Check out my site ... how to internet market

    ReplyDelete