Wednesday 5 May 2010

The Thin Executioner comes to town.



I've been mega busy since posting my field trip post and that's mostly to do with my uni work. Last week was so crazy, I had work in and work to finish off and on Tuesday I handed in two essays and tomorrow I've another one due in! I need to finish that other one tho, because it's a short story I re-wrote, so it just needs a little bit more.....


Anyway, today Darran Shan was in Liverpool 1 Waterstones signing his new novel - The Thin Executioner and I being a fan, decided to drag some friends along to the book signing. I was looking forward to a nice afternoon in Liverpool doing a bit of shopping before popping into waterstones, but so typical of the British weather it was raining! And it was the second worse kind of rain-that fine stuff that soaks you even before you've had a chance to notice it's really raining! (the first is that large, sudden down pour stuff, that makes you look like a drowned rat.) So we cut the shopping trip short and headed for Waterstones.



Where we met Darren Shan! It worked out okay, because we had time for hot chocolates and cake, before we brought the book and hurried into the already growing queue. We stood for 4o minutes there, chatting and poking the books that were on display around us and then talking to random people in front and behind us. Then at 5pm, he started sighing books and the queue moved up. It took us 20 minutes to get there and then he was mega happy to sign books and meet his fans.





Also it seems he has a weird thing about strangling people and writing strange notes in the books.....but still I guess every message is different and he seemed to be enjoying himself!

I got him to sign a book for my brother too, because it was only fair....
We ended up coming back home after that, the rain was getting heavier and though we got vouchers for Burger King, we had food at home. Now though, I need to go off and do some more work and then I'll finish Pieaces of Eight, which has taken me awhile to get through because I've been busy reading other stuff and writing about it! But I have like 2 chapters left and then tomorrrow, I can start my new book!

No comments:

Post a Comment