Thursday 7 October 2010

Scriptwriting

The fresher's flu caught up with me on Sunday, so now I'm in bed sniffing loudly and wishing for hugs. I seem to be coughing a little too and my head is so fuzzy. Luckily, I've no classes today or yesterday, so I've had time to recover, but I've had to do some uni work as well. I can't drop everything because I'd be two days behind the rest of the world and catching up at this stage is tough. So to sort this out I've been doing the easy work; watching short films online for my scriptwriting class and also doing research into trucks.
Sounds a bit strange that, but I'm thinking about writing a short film which involves trucks; like the one above. I think this happened because I had a strange dream about it, but then as if by fate channel 5 decided to show a documentary about ES trucks; Demand.five.tv/series.aspx?/seasonbasename=eddiestobarttruckstrailersseries1
It's not my normal thing, but I become fascinated by the facts and the stories of the truckers' lives. I've seen the first two now and I'm looking forward to seeing the 3rd tomorrow. I'm also hoping the information I'm gaining will help me with my script. So watch this space!
Oh, my training for student guide went okay, I'm working on Saturday now in Hale Hall. Have to be there at 8am and I'm hoping my cold will be gone by then, though the fact I'm in all day tomorrow won't help. At least I've done my reading for my classes, though N/S is still giving me the run around...The never ending tale of struggles for sure! Time is running on again now, so its time to get moving and do some more work.

No comments:

Post a Comment