Wednesday 26 October 2011

Your Favourite Book Needs You! -World Book Night 2012


Hi readers,

My title and the theme shall be in both my blogs today, but afterwards I'm going to write some different things. so go to http://hayleyhardman.wordpress.com/ to check that out once your done here!

So yeah, what's going on then? Well, this year saw the launch of World Book Night 2011. I did write a blog post about it on my uni blog so here's what it said;

2011/03/05

At 9.30am, I was on a train heading for London and it took two hours to get there. Strangely, we part followed the canal which, last year I had a holiday on a narrow boat sailing up. When we arrived in London, we went on the Underground and to Piccadilly Circus. The Underground was scary and the train was fast moving and the doors shut quick, but I made it!

We went to Trafalgar square and wondered there and the streets near by. We then meet with other Book Givers and talked to them. Then we had to queue up to get back into Trafalgar square and we sit on the edge of the fountain and waited for things to kick off. It was really cold, but at least we weren't standing up for two hours.

The event started with the guy who came up with it and then Graham Norton was hoisting it! On the stage they had some people who were giving out books to charities and were founding members. They also had authors and other famous people reading form their books or different books. I saw Philip Pullman, Sarah Waters and the front man from MAD. It was really good to hear these people reading and I doubt I'll get another chance to do that again!

Afterwards people started giving out their books, but we had not brought ours and I still need to put in the special numbers. That's my next task for today now. We were really cold so we went for food and then to Waterstones- brought lots of books! Then after going to StarBucks for hot chocolate, we caught the Underground back to the train stations and from there had 2 hours and half on a train back home. It was about 1am, when we arrived back and I was so tried I went to bed straight away.

I had a good day though and London is pretty cool! Now I just have to give out my books.
*
That sound good? Well guess what? You can now apply to be a World Book Giver for 2012! Go to the website and choice your fav book from the list and maybe you could be in London next year supporting your book!

I've already done mine, but I'm not going to say what I choice. I've so much more to write about, but I know people like reading short posts, so I'll save my musings for my other blog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment