Thursday 23 August 2012

Reflection

Hey, been ages since I last wrote. I've been super busy, mainly writing and doing my Masters in Creative Writing. There's a few other exciting things that have happened too. Now that I've got some more time on my hands I plan to get back to writing this blog. I don't plan to do a whole load of 'catch up posts' because far too much has happened, though there are somethings that could do with being talked about.

I'm due to hand in my dissertation for my masters in two weeks. I've done it just need the cover page when I find my booklet. It's been a really hard task for the last 6 months, but finally my 17,000 words is done and I'm happy that it's finally over. It'll be even better when I hand it in! Of course then there's the whole what happens now issue. My plan is to have some down time, enjoy life for a bit and read/write things I want to. This also means that I can have time to now think about what I want to do.

I think the second major piece of recent news is my new boyfriend. He has an awesome web show about wecomics and movie reviews. Though it's still newish it's gaining an audience. So here's the link; http://blip.tv/tyas I'll be writing a bit more about him later, I think.

Actually, there is another reason why I decided to start writing this blog again and that is the sad news that my brother's girlfriend's dog has died. It was a sudden passing and it has got me reflecting on the loss of my Sandy. My own dog for 12 years, who was with me at the lowest point of my life and saw me through some bad and difficult times. I was thinking about how difficult it was to replace and fill the hole that dogs leave behind. They become like an actually person member of the family and losing them is just as hard. It's a part of life though and something that has to happen to everything.

On a different and more happier note, I've be come addicted to Minecraft. I blame the boyfriend for this! But also my nerd side which has been growing lately. I'm really liking building and crafting things, exploring the area and chasing the animals. Though losing my house has become the frustration of the game. Though, we've now got a pathway of lights which is proving the solution to this problem. However, the creepers are now starting to bug me....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment