Thursday 3 January 2013

Write! Write!

It's been ages since I last posted and there is many reasons why. Firstly, as just shown once again I've been having some trouble with my Internet, maybe its the bad weather or the fact that my broadband just can't support the number of wifi connects currently being used in my house. Whatever the case, it really hasn't helped and I've not been on line much. (A good thing maybe!) I've been really ill too and have spend sometime in hospital over the last 2/3 months. No point moaning about it though, getting ill happens to us all and I'm thankful that I'm not as seriously ill as some people are out there. I've still been fighting my writer's block as well, but hopefully that's becoming a distant memory now, though I still haven't got started on my new novel as I said for my new year's resolution! But soon, once I get the ideas flowing again. I guess being involved in a new relationship has also been a bit distracting...but he's still been getting things done and so should I've been! So, I can't blame anything on that....I guess playing games on line hasn't helped and the job hunting has really slowed down. I've been trying to pick it up though....but I guess it's like sticking feathers back into a dead duck. Things are just not going my way there and it's getting to me. Luckily, I still have the support and love of my family and friends, which does make things easier to deal with. My hopes for the new year are to do lots of writing, reading, reviewing, get better, build stronger relationships with people and find a job.

Seeing this year as a kind of gap year has helped. I thought it would give me the chance to experience a bit more of outside life that can't always be found at uni. However, I wasn't ready to deal with the cruel and crushing world sitting on the doorstep and things have been a lot harder then I first thought. Saying that I am happy at the minute. I've a lot in my life right now and the future is still ahead of me. I'm just having problems finding my feet on the right pathway, but since the summer, I've learnt a lot more about myself. For example; the darker side of relationships, how trying is important but knowing when to give up even more so, that there'll always be help and hope when it's asked for and that officially giving up on something can sometimes mean finding it again in a different light. Finding yourself is all part of a gap year right? I'm just doing it without the travelling or the work experience....currently.

Actually, this quote from the manga/anime Vampire Knight has got me through the hardest times of last year.



Since writing the review of Rowling's new book, I've not actually finished reading another. I can't read when I am ill and the escapism that I normally find in reading hasn't been a big draw to me of late. I think I did start reading something else afterwards, but I can't remember it and didn't finish it. I read The Hobbit by Tolkien then in time for the movie, so I might write something about that too. The book I am reading now is worth writing a review on, so I shall make that my next post. Hopefully, I can get back into reading now I'm not as ill. I got a kindle for Christmas, so I have even more books to read and I half fancy writing a review about that. Might be interesting to do. I still have a stack of books to get through though!

I also started working as a volunteer at a youth centre. I can't remember saying that before as I'd just started in late November. That could do with a post of it's own though. So that'll be number 4 now. Well, at least I'll have a lot to write about this month now and hopefully it'll give me something to focus on and give my brain the excise that it's missed writing all those essays....never thought I'd miss that!  


Image from: www. fanpop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment