Monday 21 May 2018

May Life Update; Books and More Books!


Hi readers, 

So I've now finished all the Harry Potters and I will get around to writing about them soon. I really need to get better at writing on here but I've just been busy and ill again and the whole job hunting is just a never ending spiral. Then when I think I should write on here, it's either gone past Monday or like today; I just didn't have time. 

Well, tonight I'm staying up a bit to listen to the new Five Finger Death Punch album and it seemed a good time just to catch up on here. (Though, I have my doubts if anyone actually reads this blog anyway. But it's been my corner of the internet for awhile now, so I just carry on anyway!) 

Take a look at the photo above! That stack of 24 books is my current to read pile! Not counting the 8 DeathNote mangas I have left in the series read and I hope I can review that at some point too. Yeah, so that pile should see me till the end of the year. I also have 9 books on amazon of which about two are out now and the rest on pre-order for autumn time and because some of those books I really want to read, I'll be pushing my pile further down when October comes! 

The book aren't actually in my 'to read' order, yeah I do actually have one of those! So if you are interested here's my plan; 

1. Rumblefish - actually finished last night! 
2 and 3. The Outsiders and That Was Then And This Is Now - currently reading. 
4. Fool Moon - 2nd Harry Desden, a surprise cheer up gift from boyfriend. 
5. Wuthering Heights - had cravings for some English Lit classics. 
6. Neverwhere -one of my favorite books. 
7. American Gods - taking on holiday to Cornwall in July. 
8. Dracula - Classic vampire novel! 
9. Frankenstein - Everyone needs to read the true original novel. 
10. The Monk - written in 1796! A true Gothic novel which I studied at uni. 
11. The Handmaid's Tale - dystopia from one of the best writers on the genre.  
12. Fight Club - 'the first rule of fight club is we don't talk about it!'
13. All Quiet On The Western Front - World War 1 was just as bad for the Germans. 
14. Empire Of the Sun - surviving WW2 in Japan. 
15. Alan Shaw - new steampunk fantasy story by an writer I'm supporting. 
16. The Haunting - ghost story for Halloween 
17. Dolly - creepy haunted doll. 
18. The Small Hand - carry on being scared. 
19. The Man In The Picture - last of the set. 
20. Haunted Nights - An anthology of ghost stories. 
22. Viking Myths and Sagas - Meant to be one of the best collections of Norse stories.
23. The Hero Of Ages - the 2nd in a fantasy trilogy, read the 1st last year. 
24. The Well Of Ascension - 3rd one. 

Of course, this list might change but that' a rough plan. At the moment the first 4 books are certain and so are 6 and 7, I guess it depends how much time I've before I go on holiday for Wuthering Heights as it might take me awhile to get back in to it. Shall see. 

I really need to starting doing more book reviews on here. I've read some good books lately, including one that still haunts me! Plus, some of the books (about 13) in the list above I'm re-reading for like the 3rd or 4th time as part of my plan to re-read books I read at uni/ college/ high school. That was meant to be the whole idea this year because I was on a book buying ban, but I just can't help it. Books are my drug and I find my favorite writers publishing new ones and books I like the sound of and then people buy me them too and it's so hard not to give in. At least it's healthy, right? 

I'll have to keep this list updated now and that'll probably happen on Goodreads which is my record of books now. https://www.goodreads.com/user_challenges/10477493/ My goal this year was to read 50 books and I've read 29 so far. Though, I might end up reading more then that but not 100 again, that was too much for me! 

The other thing I wanted to share tonight is this;


My mum has been knitting elephants for the past few months and not because of some weird craze but because I want one for a friend of mine. The rainbow one was too small and so cute that I wanted to keep her anyway. The pink and white one is made of squares that took my mum ages to do, so she decided she wanted to keep her, (I'm currently pressing for an 'Elmer'  multi-colored one like this!) Then grey one is the one for my friend because that turned out as I wanted and the two smaller ones were free in mum's knitting magazine this month. 

I still hope that one day I can knit something like this but my brain finds it hard. I've been knitting a play cube, booties and mittens though and they've turned out fine. My next challenge is to knit a baby jacket in a single piece and get to grips with more decreasing and increasing! I'll share that one here if I get it right. 

The album is almost over and it's just turned midnight so it's time for bed now. I'll have to come back soon to do my Harry Potter review. 

Till then readers, goodnight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment