Monday 3 December 2018

December Life Update; Hibernation


Hi readers, 

I can't believe it's December now! This year seems to have flown by. The last two months haven't been great for me. I've been suffering depression, anxiety, stress and flare up on my condition. I'm still off work at the moment but hope to go back next week. 

I would like to say I've put my time off to go use; done lots of writing and reading, watched Netflix, TV shows, movies, done some arts and crafts etc but actual due to the mental health problems, being ill and side effects of pills, I've not been that active. 

My only two achievements of worthy of writing about is that I've knitted Christmas presents for my family this year and I've two left to finish off now. That's been a great help to pass the time, keep me busy and helped to de-stress me. Secondly, I have kept up with my daily short story writing on my other blog; https://thestoryfiles.wordpress.com/ I guess this down to habit more then anything now, but it's been another helpful focus. Right now I'm trying to get ahead in writing this months stories as December is a busy time. 

I've already done all of my present shopping. I brought anything online which always makes it super easier and got people what they wanted off their wish lists. My boyfriend and I also buying presents together this year and that helped keep the cost down and make it easier to buy stuff. He's coming over this weekend and next so we can do some wrapping up together then. It's nice to get that out of the early as getting gifts for people can be stressful. 

My family also do this 'lucky dip' present giving event on Christmas eve. I'm not sure how it began as it seems we've been doing it for years now, it was probably my dad's idea of a fun game. The rules as simple; for everybody that's come and yourself you buy an item that is £5. This year, they'll be 8 of us plus my dog so that's 9 presents to get. Then everything goes into a box and in circle, youngest started we pick a present and open it. At the end everyone gets a pile of presents and you can swap ones you don't like. 

There was another rule but this has sort of faded now and it was if the items was something you wear you had to put it on, a drink - drink it, food - eat it and toys play with etc. But that makes it harder to swap and as we are all adults now some of the items can be very adult themed, that just makes it more fun for everyone I think! 

I've been sensible this year and got normal, good items for everyone. My mind wasn't much in a silly mood. My parents can be the worse at the adult themed stuff, so I'll just leave it to everyone else! 

The weather has been bad in England for the last few days and today it's actual dry and clear for once. that hasn't made me want to go out though. I'm finding it hard to be around people for different reasons at the moment and I'm liking time by myself more and more. I've been feeling only little bit lonely but having my dog helps. 

So, today I'm curled up on the sofa, writing this on my lap and listening to a fireplace sound video on the TV via Netflix. I do wish they were on all the time and not just at Christmas, listening to a fire burn away is one of my calming and writing background music I like to listen too! I'm going to write some short stories for bit then I got more knitting to do. 

Hopefully, I'll write another post before Christmas, got two events coming up; Christmas Market and Wicked musical, both will be worth writing about, just got to feel better soon.  


Images from; https://pixabay.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment