Thursday 10 January 2019

January Life Update; My Goals For 2019

Goals for 2019


1. I would like to give this good happenings jar idea ago. 

I plan to dig out one of the jars I like to stock pile for crafts and paint or us Sharpies on it to 'Good Things' on it. Then I'll leave some sticky notes next to it and try to write something once a week.

2. Don't buy anymore books! 

This one is going to be so hard and I've tried twice to do this now. Last year and a few years back and I've failed both times. Books to me are like shoes or/and handbags or/and clothes to most women. I find it really hard not to buy to add to a series, or author collection or because its one of my favourite genres. This year though, I've put together two book shelves of new and books I want to re-read and due to the number and size of some of them it'll take more then a year to read them all, so I should be fine and NOT need to buy another book!

3. Read 60 books

I always set a goal of reading so many books a year. In 2018 it was my normal 50, I think I read 52. In 2017, I read a 100, but I didn't really. This year, I'd like to try for 60 and see if I make it. You can follow my progress over on Goodreads.

4. Spend less time on social media 

I've been realising that I've been spending lot of time - mostly in the morning, evenings and night times - scrolling through Facebook for no real reason. I never use to do this but ever since I got my Iphone and access to lots of apps, it's become something of a habit. It's nice to see what my friends are up to and read website posts, but I end up scrolling and scrolling for an hour or more, not actually taking in what I'm seeing. The silly thing is that not a lot changes in from morning to evening, so I see the same things over. I plan to ease myself off it and every time I go on to only spend a few minutes there. Hopefully, that'll help break the addiction.

5. Lose weight - Swim more 


Always a challenge for me, but I keep trying! I love swimming and find it very relaxing.

6. Make items to sell online 

I did attempted this a few years back and it didn't work. This time I'm going to sell on Ebay and make baby things.

7. Save money

This needs to happen to fund all kinds of things.

8. Connect more with friends

I've always found it hard to keep friendships. I'd like to try bit more now and spend time meeting up with old university friends and others from my childhood.

9. Write in diary everyday

Haha! A great challenge, though I do try to make sure something guess writing in my diary everyday. It's nice to have a record of things and it helps my bad memory remember. Also a good stress relief! 

10. Find a new job

Been my goal for over a year and a half now. Still trying!

11. Go to London and Harry Potter World 

This was a thing I wanted to do last year for my 30th birthday with my boyfriend but due to timings - we were going on holiday in Cornwall too close to the days we wanted to go. Also, lack of money and not realising how early you had to book HPW, we didn't go. This year, we are all ready making the plan and looking at booking and saving money. So hopefully we can go! 

12. Do more sewing / arts and crafts

I've sort of fallen out of liking doing stuff like this last year. I'm really big into knitting at the moment but with sewing and other craft stuff not really, I guess because I do it for work with kids and I do like research and practice stuff for them but I'd like to make a few things as birthday presents for people and small things for myself too. Maybe to sell as well.

13. Get engaged ? 

Last goal on my list. Though it's questionable if it will happen this year. I'd like my boyfriend to ask me to marry him and we've had many talks about it. I know he's saving up for a ring and he's suggest this year at some point but if and when who knows?


What are you goals for the year? Please share them in the comments.

Thanks for reading, till next time. 






No comments:

Post a Comment