Tuesday 12 May 2009

Freedom!

Hey, my exam is now over! It went okay really, the questions were suitable to what I'd been studying and well I wrote like three pages on each question and I stuck to the points and stuff, so hopefully I'll have got enough marks to pass now. The exam was also my last thing of my first year. Seems to have gone by so quickly... must be all the parties and late nights! Anyway, it seems kinda sad that everyone is packing up to go home and we won't be living together any more. :( It's like another chapter has been turned in the book of life and though it can be read again it can never really be re-lived. But I don't think I'd really change any of it. I've grown so much just being here and discovering stuff about myself, its funny to think that there was a time-only like 2 years ago! when I decided uni really wasn't for me and I'd never go.....I wonder what would happen if that had been my thinking in the spring of 2008? and where I would be now because I wouldn't be sitting in my room, in my hall, on campus, with my best friend sitting in my bean bag chair beside me and the knowledge that being writer was my purpose in life and what I was born to do. Because it really is, I've decided that now, I doubt I could try to be anything else and why should I not just give into what I want to do? Even if nobody publishes my stories or reads them as novels -not just on a computer screen, I'm only truly happy when I'm writing now.
Many people said I should become a teacher because I just look and seem to be one, but though I knew that it's an option, to me teaching has never seem to be me-it's not who I want to be! Same with my first goals to be come a vet or do some other job with animals- that's not me any more and well though I'd love to be the lead singer in the world's greatest heavy metal band ever and be madly in love with the base guitarist and for him to be madly in love with me, I know that's only a fantasy and very unlikely to ever happen. So I must now follow my heart and take up my gift of writing and use it to make myself happy.
Well, it least I now have the whole summer ahead of me to do such a thing. I might even be tempted to get something published this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment