Saturday 17 October 2009

cold in October

Okay, so it's kind of a silly pun really, of course its cold in October! You say that word to people and they think of the cold and damp, of the leaves turning to bright colours of red, gold and brown and then falling off the trees. October is also the height of Autumn really, because you can really feel the cold now as the last of summer's heat is drained out of the earth. You can smell it in the air too, you know things are changing around you! Beside from that then and the pun, I've a bad cold or what the doctor has called..... *Sneezes*.... ah, sorry......I'll just wipe the snot off the keyboard.......It's been nine days now since I fell ill and really its been more like having a mild flu then a cold! I've spent most of my time moaning, whilst slummed on the sofa watching day time TV and wondering who in their right mind really watches this stuff 24/7? I was so bored I turned to watching recordings of things I'd missed whilst being at uni-yeah, my TV is still broke-and being on the PC; random stuff on the Internet and conversations with friends. I played on the WII yesterday-blom blox until my arm was sore I'd become bored of hitting things. Lately though I've become addicted to watching my dad playing Bioshock on the Xbox 360. Okay, so I'm not really sure what is happening or the story, but so far I've come to understand that two men have gone off and created this world were taking this medicine called 'Adam' makes you superhuman and there's another called 'Eve' which helps to control it. So all this people have taken this medicine and it's changed their DNA so they're no longer human and the two guys who built this world have had a falling out. So 'you' as this weird, crazy, gun wielding guy has to go on these missions to solve things-whilst killing a lot of these 'splicers' which are the people now changed by the 'Adam'-to help, I guess, close down the world. There are also things called Elite bouncers and Little sisters, which is were this whole game gets a little bit too creepy for me, because these bouncers look like men wearing very old fashioned diving suits and they have huge guns! They are used to protect the little sisters who are little girls possessed, who go around collecting the blood of dead people. Part of the missions is to save so many of these little girls. My brother says there's more to it then that, but dad's not got there yet. So I guess I'll just have to keep watching him play!
Before I finish this, I must announce the birth of my 5Th second cousin! A baby girl called Summer Louise and she was born Thursday 15Th at 5.38am and she weighted just over 8 pounds. She was three weeks early, but she and mum are doing really well. I can't wait to meet her! Speaking of which I must be off to make a baby basket for her now and also get some more rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment