Tuesday 8 June 2010

A Flowery Suprise


This is Bob, the cactus. He use to have his own blog, but it became to difficult for me to write 4 different blogs, so I forced him to stop writing.....he spiraled into depression and I thought he'd never been happy again. But then during my last break from uni, I replanted him in a bigger pot and it seems that though he's not been writing his blog, he's happy enough.....I came back after my long weekend at home to find that he had flowered!
I know that he can flower, he has done so before, but this time he seems to have gone a little crazy and has had a lot more flower buds then I've known him to have before! Seems that my student house bedroom window sill gets a lot of sun and that's the only reason I can come up with. Unless because of the bigger plant pot he's become a more mature cactus.....

Still tho, its brightened up my room and my day! The weather is bad out there today and I most go for a walk and then up to uni. Its another guest lecture tonight. The uni is running this summer program all about the Romantics, but with a very different light to the normal. I went to the one last week about how the Romantic writers showed people with mental and physical disabilities in their works. It was pretty interesting and this one tonight looks even more interesting.
I've very little else to do right now. I've kept myself busy with a scrapbook about my first year at uni and in reading novels for 3rd year. I'm on my 4Th now - Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf. I watched the movie first and when I started reading the book, I got more interesting in how Woolf writes. Seems that its more good then I first thought. Also its so short that I'll soon have it finished!
Think its time to go for that walk now, getting cabin fever stuck in this room.

No comments:

Post a Comment