Wednesday 30 June 2010

Rocking the Summer house!


It's been awhile since I've been able to say 'Yes, I really loved that book, I'm adding it to my fav list right now.' I've been reading so many books for eng lit and just been suffering because of it. I've been bored out of my head by these Victorian books, which just goes to show how the writers' believed novels had to be written to certain rules and things like love must be hidden under different words so that people wouldn't be horrified by such exposed things. Well, I finally decided to take a break from them- I was at the halfway point anyway and by chance I picked up a book I brought in my last trip to Liverpool - J .R. Ward's Lover Eternal. It blew my mind away and showed me how much novels have become exposed now -you can get away with just about everything now days if a publisher likes it!


I hardly put it down, because I got so wrapped up in things. Then when I read the last page, I discovered it was the 2nd in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. I got on Amazon fast and grabbed the 1st and 3rd. I'd brought the 2nd to last one with Eternal, so I just need to get my hands on the others now. I've decided to take these two on holiday, as well as the 3rd in the Sliver/Flint pirates of Treasure Island books I've been reading-The 1st made it to my fav list. I was meant to take Wuthering Heights-the next in my Eng lit books away with me, but the thought of sitting on a beach trying to read that doesn't seem so good to me.


I've nothing against these novels, I'm a bookworm, but sometimes these types of books just don't grab me....vampires however do!
The summer house


I'm currently chilling out in the summer house at the minute. Well its more of a DIY, pop up place, because my dad made it out of a gazebo house and also a smaller gazebo, some wood, plastic sheeting, so bricks and old sofa cushions. So though it does look little untidy, it is the perfect place to hang out in-sun or rain! Its cool, but warm at the same time and it does leak but only in a heavy rainfall. The bench chairs are so comfy though and there is a table, power plug for laptop and a speaker which links to the Hifi system in the shed. There are lights too and a pool/snooker table. No one could really ask for a better place in which to chill out in when it gets too hot on the grass or the lawn chair breaks again. It's bigger then the photo makes it and just right for taking a nap in.


Inside the summer house.

*

Lastly, this is a photo of Hairy von Baron Strawberry. His name came from a joke and a misunderstanding. He is a barren Strawberry plant and I misunderstood this and thought he was a baron instead, then his first name comes from the fact he was very hairy when I got him. So I just stuck all of that together and so he was named! My best friend, who give him to me, said he wouldn't get strawberries this year because he was just a baby......well, it seems he didn't listen to that because now he has 6 strawberries growing and he also seems to have got more leaves. So he must be older then she thought or he likes his spot in my garden so much that he's just grown up! Anyway, I'm hoping to have some home grown strawberries in late summer!





No comments:

Post a Comment