Thursday 11 October 2012

D&D 6&7: The End Is Coming!


 

I was at D&D last night and some exciting things are going down. Now, the week before we were all called in to this meeting, where we had to do a bit of role playing. Now, we had to decided if we were going to stick together or divide into our houses. This is important because the story could go in a number of different directions. This also connects to the actual decision of what the overall goal should be and I've listed them before, but here they are again: Support the male wizards and help gain more control for them, side with Lolth and over thrown the Council of Spiders, create the Demon Weave, or destroy it.

The DMs left the room and we got to talk in our houses and as a group. The numbers in each house were very off though, because there was only one Xorlarrin, three Brigand D'aerthe (Me and boyfriend counted) and the rest 8-10 of were house Melarn. I wasn't feeling so well and so this meeting seemed like a nice break from playing, only it did involve some deep thinking and politics. I'd already decided though that I'll side with my boyfriend and fight for myself. My character does appear to be taken on a life of her own now! Also my role playing isn't very good and like the maths this is something that could do with some more work, but I'll properly not get better at it. Which, is an odd thing to realise as a writer who often has to imagine myself in the form of different characters and think about their actions and thoughts in situations. That's in my head though and not out in the open and with other people. Though, I do now believe I've been accept by the D&D players and the other people who use the shop to play games in, so to get into rp wouldn't be a surprise for them.

We talked for about 20 minutes or so. Though it was hard to keep track of what was going on as everyone had different ideas and different understandings of the background information. It become clear that there was going to be 3/4 main speakers. My boyfriend seemed against the goals and wanted to take on Lolth and get revenge for her killing him in the last encounters. Which of course meant I'd have had to gone with him, but I'm not sure that taking on a Goddess is really the way to go and I think I backed out in the end. However, most of the group seemed to stand with Lolth and wanted to build the demon weave. So, when the DMs came back, they stated that the three of them were representing the three house role playing as the leaders; Ash'ala, Hoshtar, Ro'kolor. We had to report back and enter into the discussion about what we wanted to do.

After sometime and people jumping in, we had to convince the leaders that they should support us because they had their own options and we need to swing them if they didn't agree with us. I thought this was going to hard and more arguments would start, but the main speakers were really good and managed to win the leaders over and so it was decided that we'd carry on where we'd left off, which was collecting the items to make the demon weave.

Now yesterday, we were faced with a large encounter, which could have gone a lot worse if the DM hadn't had a bit of bad luck with his dice and rolled low, so we got to move before the monsters, which worked very well. I had bad luck with my dice after that though, because I hardly hit with my arrows. Everyone else did far better and though we were faced with eight drow fighters and a priestess. I almost got my sword out in the end because I was doing that badly, but there was little point when I was caught in someone else's cloud of darkness. We defeated the drow and captured the priestess after that. We decided to question her, but it was pretty useless as she didn't know much. Killing her ended that encounter. We were done really fast too, because the other tables were still going. I guess it helped that the drow fighters were easy to kill.

Next week is the last week for this story now. I think that's a shame because it's been really good and I'll have to say goodbye to my character. I can't believe she's actually surviving this long and it'll be great if she gets through next week. I'd like to write a short story about her, but the in-depth knowledge that would be needed puts me off a bit. Of course this does mean that I get to make a new character and have new adventures. We got told too that the system is being re-done, so things will be different come Halloween night when we play the first game of the new encounters.
 
*
 
On another note, I've got an interview tomorrow and I thought I'd write a post about job hunting and interviews either tomorrow or at the weekend. I'm excited about this interview because this job is much more suitable for me, the only problem is I've to sit a maths test and I suck at maths. I'm hoping this won't be my down fall and they'll be able to see how good I can be. Have to wait and see. The weather won't be better it seems, it's raining and dark outside now. I am also reading Howl's Moving Castle right now and plan to do a review with that against the film, as seems to be my thing at the moment. Also my boyfriend is currently running a story within his web show, which is so worth checking out as its Halloween related. Right, time to go and make pie.   


Image from:
http://kirahagen.photoshelter.com/image/I00008EeaX0SLI2E

No comments:

Post a Comment