Tuesday 21 April 2009

Crazy uni essays!

Like most good students I try to plan ahead with my essays. You know, get them done the week before so if I have a workshop class on them or because I need the time to go back through it before submitting it. So today I was sure I was on top of my 4 essays for creative writing and my 1 for English lit but then I discovered on top of my exam for Eng lit 2, I also have a 2000 word essay to write! I couldn't believe it! Suddenly my plan was thrown out of the window, I've had to postpone my nights of partying and hanging out with my friends, just so I've got the time to write the essay. To add to my worries I thought I'd got my two module reflections for both my creative writing classes sorted, but it turns out that I've made a really mess of them and now must spend tonight rewriting them! I doubt this will take my long though, but still it is work I don't really want to do right now! They need bibliographies though. My other two essays are stories and well due to a workshop yesterday my 1st story of 1000 words had to get rewrote because people just didn't get it and were confused. I rewrote it yesterday and today rewrote my self-assessment too. That one is now done! My second one was turning a song into a story and I've done this, but it might need redrafting again and I now think I've lost the self-assessment and bibliography on my main computer too now. More work to do there and oh, don't get me started on my essay for English. Its a presentation too and well beside from the intro and a rough plan, I've not done anything else on it. That'll be my task for the whole of tomorrow now. So my essay for my other English class is about a theory of lit in one of the books we've studied. I've decided to do some poems and write about feminism, because I've not wrote about it before and the rules about doing my exam paper are just crazy! Like you can't write about one theory if you've used it in the critical essay or in the question above. They like to make things hard don't they?
I know its uni and is meant to be harder than every other eduction stage but really, its only my first year and I've had a lot to learn, take in and party, so I don't really need a difficult last two weeks of teaching now. But there is nothing I can do about it, so I'll drag on and just hope that there's some luck on my side to pull me though it.

No comments:

Post a Comment