Monday 5 April 2010

Easter Sunday Walk

We found this starfish

Yesterday, I hit the beach with my dog, parents and youngest brother. We tend to go on long walks during bank holidays, because we like doing family things together and at home spending this time together can be hard because everyone wants to do there own thing in their own space. So, my plan was to go to Bolton Abbey, but they were having a huge Easter egg hunt and it was decided that to avoid the young kids-speically with grumpy Sandy-We'd go to St. Anne's in Lytham instead.

Being use to such chances of a sudden weather change, we all dressed warmly. I was glad of my jumper once we hit the beach, it was so windy that the warmth from the sun was almost lost most of the time. The beach was busy with walkers through, people who'd braved the weather to take their dogs out or they kids to ride the donkeys.




Sandy had fun digging



The dragon kite


Mum got this kite for her birthday, being a lover of dragons and kites. Now adays we spend much of our camping hoildays flying kite and it seemed fitting to give the dragon his first flight on the beach.
He was a site to see! All those bright colours against a blue sky and the wind carried him high, so that he could be seen across the beach. He was easy to fly as well because he only had one string. The best part was though, when you pulled on the string his wings flapped, so he gainned more air time! He'll be coming on holiday with us for so now.


I've still got easter eggs to eat, which is a good thing. I'm still trying to loss weight at the minute, but its sort of had a set back because my other brother has decided to take up all the time on the Wii fit, so its hard for me to get a look in now. I'll keep trying though!

I've nearly finished Treasure Island now. I've got more into it then Dorian Gray-which I give up on, it was taking too long. I've got another book that goes with Island and its Captain Flints and Sliver's story, though I'm not sure how that's going to be because it was only published in 2009.

Oh, my Easter nest cakes are nearly ready....time to carry on with the bank holiday!





No comments:

Post a Comment