Monday 28 December 2009

A bank holiday!

It's a bank holiday today because of where Xmas day has fallen this year, but people have still gone to work today as the sales are still on and people are trying to get back to normal life after Xmas. I had a good one this year, got my ipod and I've spent the last two days getting it up and running, its nearly there now.

I'm feeling tired because once again it was 1am when I went to bed. My dad took my family out to see Avatar in 3d at the imax in Manchester. It was really cool! I'm not one for science fiction movies, but I got into Avatar because of the 3d images and this whole new world and everything that had been created! But there was too much and too drawn out battle scenes in it for me and I'm growing tried with plots about big headed Amercians taking over the 'smaller people' to get what they want. I'd like to see a movie about people discovering new worlds and trying to understand them, without the whole 'I am an Amercian therefore I shall take you to war, kill you all, then rule your planet to get more money' plot. Anybody know one of those movies?

Saturday night-boxing day! we watched movies on our DIY home movies screen. Firstly was Monsters vs Aliens which was good, then Rush Hour 3 which grew boring because of the not so funny jokes and I found that the out-takes were much more funny then I movie itself. Lastly was Hell-boy 2, which I only got into because it had such a Pan's Labrthyin feel to it. It was done by the guy who did Pan so I guess that's why the tooth fairies ect looked oddly familiar. It was okay and the different take on Elves was interesting. So that was another 1am bed time!

The snow has almost all melted now, which is good, but we are expecting more. My cold has come back, which is a pain and I still have lots of reading to do! Hungry now tho, time to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment