Monday 13 September 2010

Autumn knitting for xmas


The summer has all but faded now, yes its still clinging in the warm air and the sun is still warm when it appears, but there is that unmistakable hand of autumn in the air now. The nights are getting darker and longer, there's a cold touch to the ground and walls and there's so much more rain now. So, its time for people to spend more time in doors and what better way to pass the evenings then knitting?

That's what my mum is doing in the photo, knitting me an autumn jacket. I can knit too, but it takes me forever and I'm not as fast as her and I just seem to get bored unless its something small like a patch for my blanket or a part of something my mum is knitting. I hear that knitting is coming back now and that people are buying more knitted things in the shops. There's just something different about knitted clothes and I know that most people-me included-remember times when wearing something knitted made you look stupid. Not the way now it seems!


This is my latest jacket, the one my mum is knitting above. Its a summer one, but she's making the sleeves longer so that it'll be more suitable to autumn. Its the same blue colour, but a different wool and I'm hoping she'll have it finished before I go back to uni next week!





I'm so looking forward to that, can't wait to move in and all my housemates are just as excited as me now. I've already packed all my clothes- just need to find some more socks! Isn't that always the case? I'm sure the washing machine has eaten them and just left me with all the odd ones! I'll have to go to Primark and buy some more again.

I'm already making plans for winter and Xmas too. Like my next photo; a winter coat, yeah knitting again! But this one is going to be my Xmas present. The wool is mega expensive - sirdar's Nomad, its really soft and woolly, but light at the same time and mum's going to make me a hood. So it'll be a great winter coat then.

But of course before winter and Xmas, comes autumn and Halloween! One of my favourite times of year to be sure! And that also seems to be coming back, well in the shops and some areas. Halloween is becoming a bit like Christmas really; people have forgotten what its about and how to celebrate it. They seem to use it as an excuse to behave wrong and ignore others beliefs.
Anyway, in my true fashion, I've begun my Halloween shopping. As its easier to buy the things I want to add to my Goth/Halloween collection before everyone else decides that they need to buy things! So I started with 2 signs last week and I brought the one below today. I thought I could use it in the kitchen when I host my Halloween party. The plans for that are already under way. I've my costume already now-because I had to hand make it with my mum. I'm going as a Gypsy fortune teller, which was suggested by my best friend because I'm tarot card reading at the party. The theme is movie/tv/anima characters and I still have a lot to plan!


Lastly, the gnomes are back! They are also on the knitting list, two of them this time and they are for two people who got left out both times around, but I've now decided that its time they join the gang. But these gnomes are mega special and of course top secret at the moment, because I know that one of those said two people reads my blog, so I can't write or show my plans on here. So for now here's a photo of the gnomes who were made Xmas 2008 and who led the start of me giving gnomes out to my friends. May their numbers continue to grow!






















No comments:

Post a Comment