Saturday 11 September 2010

Last weekend at home

Hi, know I've not written in another age, but I've been busy once again. Busy with my volunteering job, getting use to contact lenses and making future plans at uni. Also I've been reading The Black Dagger Brotherhood and watching Heroes. So yeah, almost a total waste of another summer. Not been much in the mood to write though, but I've to say in reading BDB I've realized that I can fix the problems I've in my novel set in Liverpool. This is my plan now, to go back to uni, get back into working and writing and try to fix my novel.

It sounds a lot of work, but I've done it before! When I did my GCSEs I wrote a whole series of novels I think there was like 7 or 8 books in all and they range from 50-70 odd pages (was aimed at teenagers) Then during my as/a levels I wrote 3 adult novels (My first trilogy and also first novels about vampires!) I'd done two years of animal care before that, but I suddenly started writing again and was inspired to carry on by a friend who I'd met in high school. She then wrote herself into the second book, (which reminds me I need to bring her back from the dead at the end of that novel!) and helped me edit the first one as my college years drew to an end.

Then there's been uni and my chance to prove myself. Mostly its the fact to prove to myself that I can write and I can turn my hobby into something else- my dream job. Also its to prove to people who said I couldn't get into uni and pass, wrong, because there's been a lot of them in my past and now I can already feel it happening. I mean I've written another trilogy now -minus 1 book, have written a few single novels, though most I still have to finish and I've another trilogy- a fantasy one still in the making. I've also written poems and short stories now and proving that I can write not just about vampires but about other stuff too.

I guess I sort of got on to that subject because I've just learned about my second best friend failing to pass her second year. I also know that my housemate has also failed and I've heard of other people doing like wise. This lead on to me thinking about how far I'd come and how though it seemed against all the odds I'd passed my second year with a 2.1 overall. Yet there are others, who I believed were better then me or just had put in more then me, who I believed would pass, but have failed for whatever reason. So in a way I'm sorry to all those who haven't passed and hope they have better luck in the future and me well.... I stand by what my parents have always told me; you can only try your best.

So I'm going to turn to my final year at uni and keep that saying close to my heart, just because that's what I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment