Monday 1 March 2010

A quick update!

I've been ill with a bad cold last week, so didn't get to write on here. Now I'm snowed under with uni work and so don't really have the time to be on here. I'm taking a break whilst I eat lunch and then rush off to lesson. Beside from being ill, that is what my life feels like now, always rushing off to some uni class or doing some uni work. Its not easy! Time has been playing tricks on my mind too, it seems that the student house is in a different country on a much slower timeline then I have at home. No matter what I'm doing really, time seems to drag here. Like now, I can't believe its only 4 minutes past 1pm, its sure doesn't seem to be that because to me I feel it should be much later. Worrying I have to be in class for 2pm.

It's Renaissance Eng lit today, I'm studying Milton. I found it difficult to read and got lost with the characters speaking and the narrative and then I found out that the version in my book wasn't the full thing. So I decided what was the point in trying to read it if it wasn't the real version? So I only read so many pages.

At least I got enough sleep last night....feeling refreshed but rushed. I've an essay due in on Thursday, just began writing it this morning. Its for writer's context and is looking at how a writer has written the piece. I'm doing Waiting For Godot, which though I found boring at first, has become interesting to me because of how Beckett plays around with time and nothingness. So its fascinating to see how the writer has constructed the play around these themes and how they come out for the audience.

I should be rounding off now. Need to find my shoes and pack my bag before I go. I'll try and write more in the week and put up some pics too. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment