Thursday 30 September 2010

You got to be fast to get on this band wagon!


Hi, :) Guess what I'm mega happy! I just made student guide! So pleased, because it was mega harder to get though. In the interview they said that they had like 90 students already and that they weren't too keen on taking 3rd years on, because well its their last year and they are so busy. Also there was like four other people there who had so much experience working with people and they had done so much in their lives and here was me and abi, just in our twenties and not a lot to show for it. Well, I did put in about how I already worked for edge hill and the fact that my blog had got some great comments and how people were thinking about coming to edge because of my posts. Also said that my tutor, yesterday told me I was to become student leader in a new project where some students go into primary and secondary schools and do workshops with the kids. So I'm mega looking forward to doing that, get some experience and see if I'm any good at that.

I'm still applying for my teaching, but going to do my MA too, busy busy. Nothing on my LRC post yet, still not really sure I need to do that now. but still, hopefully that'll be okay. What else....I like scriptwriting, well sort of, got some books out to do that and have made a list of script writer people to study for my first essay. Reading north and South right now, because its the first novel I'm studying. Read like 5 chapters now and I think its pretty good. Though like Jane Eyre its going to go on forever!

Celebrating coming back to uni on the first pub quiz night!


Got one of my ordered books today as well- Instruction manual for swallowing, still waiting on The Ice people though. More are due tomorrow. I'm going to Anime Society tonight in the hopes of broadening my horizons a bit more. Oh and I have to stay this weekend for the training session for student guide- so no going home which will mean that I've done three weeks at uni, cause normally I just do two and then I really want to go home. But I need to start learning that its okay not to go home all the time.

Now I'm rambling a bit, but so much is happening, like someone opened a massive door and all this stuff is coming out and I'm like I want to be on that band wagon and that one and that one cause that sounds mega good....shocking really! I just hope I've not taking on too much really. We'll have to see...juggling stuff is a big part of life too, so hopefully I'll get more experience with that now.
Tea's in the oven and I'm just waiting to hear if Abi will be spending the day training with me or not. She's had no emails yet. Fingers crossed for her. :)

Another happy photo

2 comments: