Sunday 2 September 2012

A Planned Out Week




Hey readers,

Today is the first day of a new week and whilst today has been calm, the rest of the week is looking a little crazy. Sunday should be a day of rest or a day for the wicked, as the sayings go! I've been tidying the kitchen this afternoon and discovering the 'forgot' biology experiments my mum loves to keep her cupboards and draws....very icky. I also helped cook Sunday tea, we had gammon which was pretty tasty and I made brownies too.

I've also been gathering photos for my scrapbook. Last year, I finished my first ever scrapbook. It was on my first year at uni and contained lots of fun photos as well as a lot of memories. My mum inspired me by creating a scrapbook about my life and giving it to me as an 18th birthday presents. They make really great presents, tho need a lot of time and creativity. There's a cheat way though that involves designing your own scrapbook on line and having it bound and printed like a real book. I've done two of these now. One as a going away present for a uni friend and the other for myself. It really is a great way to display photos. However, creating your own does have a more satisfying pay off.

My next scrapbook is going to be about my other three years at uni and I've almost gathered all the photos. It was a difficult choice to decided which photos to put in though, because I've so many and not enough pages! I'm exciting to be starting another scrapbook though, it does help to pass the time and it can be so relaxing. plus all the photos bring back so many memories. I think that preserving photos in this way is mega good. Generations can look through them and have a much clearer understanding of the happenings and the people. Lastly, its another creative outlet!

Monday is going to be good. I'm handling in my diss and catching up with two friends, one I've not seen in ages too! I'm not worried about handing my diss in because I'm very proud of it. I worked hard and it turned out good. People still think I'm crazy when I tell them in May I scraped the 25,000 words I'd wrote and started it again. It only had to be 15,000. But I was very unhappy with the plot, the characters and the way it was written. I'd spend the two months before trying to fix all the problems, but had no luck. The only way I could sort it was to scrap it all and start again, which I'm happy to say worked and now after the last few months it's finally over. Come December when I graduate my time as a student will also be over. I'm going to miss it a lot. I'm also going to the new museum in Liverpool too after handing in my diss. So that should be good.


Diss ready to hand in!
 

On Tuesday evening I'm off for a job interview and to have tea with another friend I've not seen in ages. The job is an interesting one and not what I actually want to do. But, the money is good and well, everyone has to start some place and right now so many people want jobs that you have to take what is given to you. So, wish me look for that! Wednesday its D&D night! Time to fight some more monsters and carry on with the quest. Looking forward to that one. Thursday morning I'm off to a hospital appointment and then that's it. Nothing else has been booked in, but no doubt something will turn up. It always does!

So for the rest of the night I plan to watch Indian Jones and The Temple of Doom and talk to my boyfriend. My life is going good at the moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment