Monday 29 October 2012

Update for up and coming stuff

This is a bit of a random post and comes mostly from some deep thinking I've been having lately. My job situation hasn't changed, I'm still looking for work and still not wanting to go back into eduction. I'm not actual stuck in deciding what I want to do any more, but I'm just having a hard time in finding suitable jobs which I'd get interviews for. It can be a problem finding stuff with my educational level and skills. There's so many jobs out there and the market has become flooded in the run up to Xmas in the last month. Making now a good time to find something! Luck doesn't seem to be on my side right now though and I can only hope that there is something out there I'm destined to do.  

I'm still on a break from writing as well, though I've been doing bits and pieces, but I'm finding it hard to draw inspiration and motivation to get back into things. I guess the last few months of uni and the intense writing has taken its toll. I do have the wanting to look through some older novels and work on them instead of writing something completely new. The project I was working on with my boyfriend has stopped for the minute. I can't get into the genre of it, for whatever reason. I'm hoping this will change soon though and I can start looking for publishers and stuff. Having some money coming in would be a good thing before hand though! I'll still keep writing my blog, it's becoming a good place to reflect about things on.

Halloween arrives on Wednesday! I'm not having a party, or doing anything special this year, but its' still my favourite celebration. The rest of my week will be spent carving the pumpkin and baking. I seem to do a lot of cooking in Autumn, but there's just something about coming home to the smell of meaty stews and all spice sweets that appeals to me. Also its great prep for Xmas! I'll properly write a blog post about Halloween on the day before or the actual night and share some of my favourite recipes.

Actually there are two main things I wanted to put up. The first is that I've noticed people are taking an interest in my book/movie reviews and I'd like to carry on doing this. It is something that I've done before in the past, but didn't get into it. Now without uni to worry about, it seems a good time to expand out and start doing more reviews. I've got a few books in mind, but mostly my reviews will be on my most current book, whatever that might be and I've a lot of on my bookcase to get through!

Secondly, I want to write about the next season of Dungeons and Dragons. Only instead of it being an account of the game I played and a rough guide to playing, I want to turn it into a novel. I already know that this might be a long and hard task, but at the heart of D&D is storytelling and so many novels have been written already. So, what will be the difference with this one? Well, because it will reflect the actual game I played and also the new D&D rules they've brought out make it much more easier to do this. I still lack knowledge in certain areas, but I know people who'll help and the idea seems like a good one. The next few months will tell on that for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment