Thursday 21 November 2013

Returning to blogging.



Wow, it feels a bit strange to be writing on here again. It's been two months or so now looking at my last post. Unfortunately, I've been really ill and that's why I've not been writing. I've been depressed for a good few months now. I've been in a bit of denial about it of course and even though I've known for sure for a little while, it can be difficult for a person who is normally happy, positive, creative and very intelligent to come to terms with. I've a pretty good understand of where the depression came from and why it ended up getting me. However, I'm not going to discuss it on here as its not the place.

To add to this, I've also been suffering from bronchitis and asthma for the last six weeks. It started as a bad cold, which I'm really prone to getting and then it become a throat infection before becoming bronchitis. Now I'm over the worse of it, but it seems to have triggered off acute asthma, which is causing me more issues. The cold air, being too active, sleeping and stress are my current triggers. I've started taking two inhalers and tablets for it. I'm hopeful that it'll be under control soon enough and I can get back to being well again.

I'm slowly getting back into doing my normal things as well as a few other things, which I shall be touching on and then writing a post about later. I don't plan to spend the time backtracking to write up about autumn or Halloween or some of the books I've read because I won't have the time. Which to me is a shame because all these subjects are my favorite things to write about. Hopefully I'll get a chance next year.

The two other things that have also effected me in the last few weeks is that I've broken up with my boyfriend and one of my friends from university suddenly died. I had this two piece of news and the one about the bronchitis in the space of a few days from one another. So I've been trying to deal with a few things all at once. It's more stuff that I don't want to go into on here as its too personally and I always said that my blogs wouldn't be come a diary or a space to pour my heart on to.

At least now the picture of why I've not been writing is clear. So, my plan for my blog still stands. I'll be posting about book reviews, writing, crafting, events and anything interesting I find that I want to share. So the normal really as nothing else has really changed for me. I'm still going to posting once or twice week, maybe a little more or less depending on how I feel. But I shall keep trying as writing is good for me. Though it really has been effected by my depression. I've hardly written in my personal diary or stories or poetry for the last few months. It's also been effecting my reading, because I've hardly picked up the books on my to-read-shelf. Being ill hasn't helped that either as I don't tend to read when I'm un-well.  However, that's all slowly changing.

The major thing that has turned things around for me as been my new hobby. Like I said before I shall write about it in another post as that'll be the easiest thing to do. but here's a bit about it anyway. My volunteer job at the youth club -which has also been effected by everything and I've not been in awhile- often has me working with older children doing arts and crafts. Though teaching them how to sew, knit and craft it's awakened a newly found talent and love for me. So for the last three months I've been designing and making my own cushions. This has expending into making toys and other soft items. It's been keeping me busy and creative!





Images from:

http://zednotes.com/landscape
http://www.kerryshamblin.com/sewing

No comments:

Post a Comment