Monday 25 November 2013

World Book Night Applications Now Open





Hey readers,

I'm just letting you know that the 2014 World Book Night applications are now open and you can apply to be a book giver for next year on their website: http://www.worldbooknight.org/

World Book Night has been an event since 2011 and I was amongst the first lot of people who give out books at the opening ceremony in London. Since then I've applied and been award as a giver every year and I hope this year is no different! I find it very exciting to give books out to people who don't normally read that's what the Night is all about.

It's run by a charity of book lovers, who's aim is to get more people into reading. Sometimes they also encourage people to get back into reading and/or to discover new books and authors. The event fits in with the more popular and longer running World Book Day. Their website is packing with lots of information and news, which makes visiting and revisiting a fascinating trip every single time.

The reason I got involved was because of my passionate for books and telling stories. My mum told me about it as she was taking part through her office. When I did more research into it, I decided that I too had to take part. Throughout my life I've always found reading as an escapism from the harshness of life. In novels I have found friends, worlds and objects. I've gone on adventures, solved mysteries, battle evil or good, meet supernatural beings and fallen in love.  

The best part of being a book giver for me, is being able to give out a free book to someone who doesn't really read and/or dislikes books. Spreading the word that books are good and not something to be feared from our school days, makes me feel a lot better inside. I know it also gives the joy of reading back to people too and even if I know I've inspired only one person through my giving then that's fine by me.

So, I hope I've now inspired you to get involve this year!

PS. This is the book I've picked to give out. There's 20 titles to choose and they cover the range of fiction and non-fiction.




Images from:
http://creamcracker.wordpress.com/2010/04/09/open-book/
http://www.worldbooknight.org/books/2014-book-list/item/10129-confessions-of-a-gp

No comments:

Post a Comment